I really like Oakshott cotton and hoard all the little bits left over from other projects.
At the weekend, I sorted these by size.
There were some oddly shaped triangles, no bigger than 2 inches on the longest side, trimmed from my Leaves quilt, and just for fun I started sewing them together into random squares without trimming them.
I sewed the squares into strips, again without trimming, and curve-pieced the resulting uneven strips together. That was followed with some curved sashing in yarn-dyed essex linen, and a bit of echo machine quilting in red Aurifil for the Oakshott. Then I used Gutermann hand-quilting thread to sew rustic crosses in the sashing - I wanted something vaguely medieval to contrast with and complement the sumptuousness of the shot cotton.
It is approximately 12 by 14 inches, so only a small thing.