Thank you very much to everybody who commented on my last post and made such helpful suggestions for quilting this Siblings Together quilt - I really appreciate it.
I'm back with an update! I was supposed to be working yesterday but was stuck in with an ill child so, I
I then went twice round each block of four.
And then once round the outside of the whole thing.
I'm a bit concerned by the puffy central cross (possibly I just should have ironed it before photographing. And photographed it in the sun.). Some hand quilting would definitely help knock it down, but at the moment I really like the unfussy simplicity and quiet plain-ness of it.
The final decision still to be made though is what to do with the patterned blocks. I didn't want to quilt them and Marit and Sandra had suggested hand tying them, which is the perfect solution. I tried a couple of things and unpicked it, then I tried some cross stitches.
Something along these lines is definitely the way to go but I am worried it looks a bit crap and have to do a bit more experimentation!
After that I just have a bit of snagging to do. It's my mission to have this done, dusted and washed by Friday since I only seem to be capable of working on one thing at a time (thanks for your tolerance:-)) and am itching to start a new project. I'm linking up with the awe-inspiring lists of WIPs at: