They're so lovely! I wanted to make a cushion cover as a present for my mum and to learn to piece curves so I laid out pieces of the Oakshott on top of each other, two at a time, and cut through them with my rotary cutter to make matching pairs of wavy strips.
It was all going so nicely and I was feeling very smug as I was machining the finished piece to some batting when I noticed a tiny spot on the fabric. At first I thought it was a shadow under the light of the machine, but it spread.
I have no idea where it came from but it seemed to be oil and I was really cross, especially since I then had to unpick my most successful seam (of course) and cut and sew in a new strip. Oh well:-)
This is where it's at just now:
The thread I used to quilt is a nice variegated sulky 30 but I think it's too fine. I may have to do some more embellishment. On the other hand, my first attempt at curved piecing went surprisingly well (pretend you can't see the puckers bottom right, where I had to replace the spotty strip) and I am completely hooked!
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced