This quilt started as an experiment a couple of years ago. I fished it out of my basket of other experiments-which-haven't-come-to-anything-and-are-looking-at-me-reproachfully and cut it up with no plan, other than to see what would happen.
I re-ordered the cut up strips a little, and added linen in between and all around - but I wanted the original pieced strips to still look somehow linked so I added more quilting which runs right across. Then I quilted a series of boxes round the central panel using 28 weight Aurifil, a beautiful weight to quilt with if you want some definition to the quilting.
If I do something like this again I might try piecing in, or appliqueing, little chips of coloured fabric, instead of the glass.
I made a hanging rod out of an old piece of plumber's copper pipe - I hacksawed off a suitable length, polished it up a little with Brasso leaving it just a bit tarnished, and super-glued a marble in each end. I sewed tabs for the quilt, but they are only pinned on.
It was difficult to get a picture because it kept blowing away despite my helper's best efforts!
Actually though I think you get a better idea of its nature close up.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.