Here's the final layout (I think) of the ST quilt. I like the concentric star effect and I think it makes the best use of the material I got from Patchwork Queen. I had to unpick some squares, and still have to unpick some more (hidden under some folded triangles). I hate unpicking!
That was last night and this morning I laid it out again on my design wall (aka the living room floor) and tried it out with the pink solid I thought I might use. It just looked too peely-wally as they say in these parts, so I tried it out against a tatty old white sheet and I like this effect better (the white, not the tatty sheet!). I'd have loved to have gone for something really bold and positive, like orange, but neither the oranges in my local fabric shop nor the klona orange on my Backstitch swatch card were quite right.
I was so absorbed in my task I didn't even notice the playpeople.